An overview of the gay bathhouse scene in New Orleans
Louis Cathedral, as well as, the Almonaster and Pentabola apartments. Since you probably have a good buzz going and tired or walking for a while, take advantage of the mule-drawn carriage rides through the French Quarter. I left after 30 minutes when I caught the only other patron there trying to break into my room.
You can also visit the Audubon Zoo while you are in this area of the city.
Gay single life gay single life Gay single life Aislinn
- This is just some old-school shade, of course.
- He adds, "I like outrageous people.
- A good spot to sit back and enjoy a bunch of down to earth men.
- Cafe Lafitte in Exile , named for the famous pirate, claims to be the oldest continuously operating gay bar in the country and quite a few famous gay New Orleans luminaries like Tennessee Williams and Truman Capote were seen there. Read More.
- In the heyday of bathhouses in the late s, there were nearly gay bathhouses in cities across the U. Club New Orleans Toulouse St.
- After a less-than-thorough police investigation and, bizarrely, enduring a hateful flier campaign against Treme , The Country Club ended its clothing-optional policy for good in November of Pool is only 75 cents.
The menu is eclectic and ambitious, featuring twists on Louisiana classics like duck gumbo with alligator andouille and house-made boudin balls. Reviewed June 3, Privately run, gay-owned bathhouses proliferated in the s, offering a haven for gay and bisexual men to meet.
Later, I speak with Bob Hannaford, the organizer behind the annual Naughty in N'awlins swinger convention. No one is going to steal it but losting your phone on the floor or having your teeshirt mopping the floor isn't cool.