Gay and lesbian dating in CairoEgypt’s acquittal of gay welcomed
Harrison recently posted.. August 9, at am. Your donation will help us keep this site free, be supportive please. A Gay date through the streets of Cairo. Return to top of page. David says:. This coffee house, located on Rd.
Nyc gay speed dating tips advice edinburgh over drinks at
- Egyptian law does not explicitly criminalize homosexuality or cross-dressing, but it does have several provisions that criminalize any behavior or the expression of any idea that is deemed to be immoral, scandalous or offensive to the teachings of a recognized religious leader.
- A huge one.
- There have been widespread reports of Egyptian authorities using gay dating apps to entrap gay men.
- The situation for the local LGBT community remains very tense, and although there is a small and very underground gay scene in Cairo and Alexandria, tapping into it as a foreigner can be tricky and is risky.
- Close Local your local region National. Beginning in , under Hosni Mubarak , these laws were used to engage in a more sophisticated and systematic crackdown on gay or bisexual men, or indeed anyone deemed by the government to be supportive of LGBT rights.
- LGBT rights in Asia. A verdict is due on Oct.
April 25, That hurt me deeply. In light of public opinion, shaped by cultural and religious traditions, these public morality and public order-based laws have been used against LGBT people as well as anyone who supports these attitudes.