Gay Community Kenya
These statutes brand LGBT people as undeserving of empathy, dignity or the protection of the law. Bi and Proud 02 Oct International SMS charges apply. As homosexuality is currently illegal, discrimination against LGBT persons are legal.
A gay- friendly place
- Retrieved 16 May Retrieved 24 May
- The ruling only brings inclusivity and sets a positive precedent for other rights organisations, in Kenya and around Africa. For immediate release and circulation.
- Keep in Touch Sign up to our newsletter for updates on key legal challenges to anti-LGBT laws around the world, news on the reform of discriminatory laws in the Commonwealth, comment from our Director on landmark judgments and employment opportunities at the Trust.
- The appeal judgement is due to be delivered on 8 March
- Latest Updates. Kenya is currently not undertaking any measures to decriminalize same sex unions.
The US Department of State Human Rights Report on Kenya stated that police still detain persons under the laws that criminalise same-sex sexual activities. Stanely Muasa, a gay man living in Kenya, said going to parties or events alone is always a risky affair.
Kasanda says he chooses not to seek help from police, as it could mean arrest, possible prosecution and up to 14 years in prison. They grossly abuse rights of others and should not be accepted among the society". The National Assembly majority leader stated that homosexuality was as serious an issue as terrorism but resisted calls for new anti-LGBT legislation.
He reportedly said that the Catholic Church in Kenya is not ready and will not accept any law allowing homosexuality in society.